The Palestine Update!
Find out about our annual field visit to Palestine this April!Read more
Two New Opportunities!
First we’d like to announce another scholarship for Palestinian students run by MEDRC: MEDRC Scholarships for Palestine. Secondly, our partner MedicineAfrica is looking for a new intern to take the lead on communications! It’s a social enterprise which supports health workers in Africa using the same platform as OxPal. Details can be found here. […]Read more
Palestine – April 11th to 16th 2015
As you know, OxPal will be arriving in Palestine in less than a week. Our main objective is to meet as many of you as possible and so we’d love it if students could spread the word about our visit! We’ll be meeting the clinical students involved with the programme in order to: […]Read more
March Update and Trip to Palestine!
Oxpal will be in Palestine from the 11th to the 16th of April!Read more
Educational link between students and doctors at Oxford University Hospitals and medical students in the occupied Palestinian territory.
Using an internet-based platform, tutors and students meet for weekly tutorials to discuss clinical cases.
We are committed to fostering cross-border connections and exchange between students and clinicians.
OxPal Summary Report June 2014
In its second year, OxPal has undergone significant expansion. We are now engaging approximately 200 medical students from 3 of the 4 medical schools in the occupied Palestinian territories, and in 2013-14 delivered over 90 tutorials across four clinical specialties.
At a glance…
- Engaged 200 medical students in the West Bank and Gaza
- Delivered approximately 90 online tutorials in the ongoing academic year
- Increased our tutor pool to 14
- Expanded to include students at 3 out of the 4 Palestinian medical schools
- Offered tutorials in 4 clinical specialties
- Received a developmental grant from the BMA
- Expanded our administrative team with 3 additional academic coordinators
- Published work in 2 medical journals